Music is Not Important
Music is not important.
It is learned by the young but its benefits are reaped by the industry's greedy executives, and elite performers.


Children would be wiser to learn knowledge they will be able to use later in life.
Musicians are just entertainment in a world that has larger concerns. I would rather my child do something that will make a difference in the world.




Music is not important.
I have mixed feelings about my work on this project. On one hand I really enjoyed it; this is a topic I have an unending love for. But the task of choosing images that convey what I want was surprisingly difficult, for reasons I didn't anticipate. I realize now why a photographer would want their images to speak for themselves rather than letting another person fit them to text as with the Sweet Flypaper example. I feel like I'm taking these images from what they were intended to be about and giving them an entirely different context. This is not necessarily a bad thing, though. That said, I did what I could with what I could find, and what I could find was not necessarily what I was hoping for. I've been gradually working on my photography abilities for some years now and would have greatly preferred the time to go out and create or document the images I wanted. I had a problem with colors here too. In the color pictures I liked the fact that they were in color, but that there were others which were in black and white presents a difficult issue that I had no solution for. I generally tried to keep things simple. I considered excluding text completely but changed my mind to allow for the inclusion of images like the woman dancing the Charleston.
I don't think blogger is the best way for this argument to be presented. Not only was it difficult to assemble, but it may also be difficult for readers (viewers?) to fully interpret the images due to quality issues.
Overall I enjoyed this project though. I have uncovered an interesting way to present an argument that I look forward to developing further, and I got to use a couple of my favorite images in doing so--those of the Michigan Marching Band drum major.
Subscribe by RSS